February 27, 2009

My Blog to the Unappreciated Mother

So many mothers are not told just what an amazing and wonderful job that they are doing, including me. It is a selfless job that gets nothing in return. We do not get raises nor bonuses. We do not get vacations or fill ins or even better just a clone. Yet we get up everyday, dust ourselves off and go back to work raising our children and running our households. It is THE hardest job in the world no matter what any one says. So I am taking some time to recognize that mother.

Thank you Mother for making sure that I have clean clothes to wear everyday. Thank you for working so hard at washing and drying. I understand that you were just to tried from chasing me or running errands to get it all folded and put away. I still appreciate what you were able to get done.

Thank you Mother for making sure that I have food to eat everyday. It does not matter if it is out of a box or if you slaved over it for hours. I am just thankful that you provided me with a full belly and that you made it with love regardless of what it was.

Thank you Mother for making sure that we get to our extra activities on time. I know that you have to sacrifice time for yourself in order for us to get to do what it is that we want to do. I understand that some days you are so tired or do not feel good but you still get up and take me so that I will be happy. Thank you for sacrificing yourself for me.

Thank you Mother for loving me unconditionally. There is not another person in this world that will love me the way that you love me. No one gives me the hugs and kisses that you give me. No one is more understanding when I was not able to run as fast as the other kids. You are always there to encourage me and build me up and let me know that one day with practice I can be as fast as I want to be.

Thank you Mother for disciplining me. I know you do you best. We do not come with instructions. I understand that you don't know what will and wont work. I understand that by correcting me when I am doing wrong will make me a better person when I grow up. It will help me to be a leader and not a follower. It will help me to have manors and respect my elders. It will help me to be more giving of myself to those in need.

Most important of all, Thank you Mother for being my mother. I would not trade you for any other mother in the world no matter how many times I tell you that I hate you. I am sorry that I take you for granted and do not show you the appreciation that you so greatly deserve. You are chosen by God to carry and create his greatest creation. What greater honor than that?

I love you Mother, and Thank you for all that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment