I really don't care much for New Years Resolutions. I think that when you make then, you are sure to fail. So I am not make a resolution. I am just making a plan of things that I would like to accomplish over the next year. I figure by blogging them than you guys can help keep me accountable. How do you like that? I just put my success or failure on you. He He He.
Here is a list of my top ten.
1. To turn the TV off more and get in the floor with my kids. Wither reading, coloring, and playing cars. More mommy time for them.
2. To be a much better wife for husband. That includes keeping my mouth shut and giving him the respect that he deserves.
3. Be a better friend. Make myself more available and there with no lazy excuses.
4. READ MY BIBLE. I do do this but not like I should. My goal is to read the whole bible in one year thanks to help from youversion.com
5. Devote myself to volunteering at the church. I do volunteer in the kids but I want to do more micro missions. No more excuses.
6. To take better care of myself. I am not going on a diet! I do not believe in them or the word. Like New Years Resolutions I believe that just the word makes you want to quit. I am however going to be more aware of what I put in my mouth and exercise.
7. To blog more and to take more pictures. I love doing it but always make the excuse that I don't have the time. NO more excuses.
8. To be a better sister. I am only known by my own brothers as the b@#$%. I want to work on my relationship with my bubbies. I don't want that engraved on my tombstone.
9. To not stress. I can not get it all done. There is no way to do it. It is impossible. I need to get that in my head. I need to just take it one thing at a time, one day at a time.
10. To be more spiritual. All things are possible through him that gives us strength. My motto this year is to Let Go and Let God. If I can just learn to turn it all over to him, that he will lead me on the path that I am to go. I think that things will go so much smoother that way cause my way is not working.
There you go. This is just part of my goals this year. I will do my best to keep everyone updated on my progress. I have my girls group every Sunday. It is suppose to be for us to help encourage each other to lose weight. Now you guys know. I will be truthful of my progress. I will even let you know my weight. Yikes, i know! But it will help keep me motivated. I hope anyway. Well now you know mine, Let me know yours!
Happy New Year to Everyone!
December 30, 2008
December 4, 2008
After reading the blog of Widney Woman (http://widney.woman.blogspot.com) she challenges you to what you are thankful for. I have really been thinking about what I am most thankful for. Of course there are many things that I am so thankful for. My health, beautiful healthy children, my wonderful and loving husband and this secure life that we have together. The thing that came to mind most of what I am thankful right now in this time has to be my girlfriends. This time of year is very very hard for me. There is so many traditions that I am trying to keep alive so that my children, nieces and nephews remember there grandma and how she did things. She LOVED Christmas and did everything the same way every year.
So you can imagine what a hormonal crazy person I become. I am happy, then sad, then angry, then just numb. My girlfriends are always there. All I do is call and they are there. Sometimes it is just good conversation on the phone and other times it is a margarita night at the local Mexican restaurant. My favorite! ;P They always know the know the right things to say and do. If nothing else the hugs are always there. Girls just understand girls you know. With out them I would be lost. I truly believe that I would have curled up in my bed and never have come out.
I don't want to ignore my sisters either. My sisters-in-law and even my mother-in-law are the best in laws ever. I always hear people talk about their MIL and even SILs and it is not good. I just don't understand because I was truly blessed. We get along so well and talk all the time. We are all supportive of each other and love each other to no ends. I could not have asked for better sisters or a another mother. I knew that when my mother died I would be okay because I still had my Momma Donna. She is one of my best est friends. She is always there when you need her or need someone to talk to. What I love about her first is that she never takes sides and always remains the neutral. BUT at the same time she can still be on your side. That is really hard to do.
I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful women. It is so funny how God places people in our lives at different times to help us get through what life throws at us. I had only met my girls about 4 weeks before my mom died. I wish they could have met her. They cushioned the blow and where such a comfort......and still are!! Love you all Girls.