Filling out the many many surveys that I get on Facebook gets you thinking about some things. Widney Woman said that every time that I fill one out she learns about a new job that I have had. So I thought I would just catch her up and list them all. At least the ones that I can remember.
1. My first job was of course working for my dad. We use to own our screen printing business. When you have four kids use them right? We were cheap labor. I remember one time we got the printing job for the movie that hey made about David Coresh and Waco Texas. Do you remember that? We took our sleeping bags there and would work in shifts printing t-shirts, hats and jackets.
2. My first real job was when I was brand new 16. I was so glad to be able to get a real job and not have to work for my dad anymore. I got a job working at Mazzio's. I loved this job. I only worked two days a week so not to interfere with school. I ate a lot of pizza. My car smelled like pizza, my room smelled like pizza, everything smelled like pizza. I also got a stalker from this from job that took me years to get rid of. Actually Tim had to do it. If you want to hear that story, comment me.
3. My next job was working for Homeland grocery store. I was a cashier. I liked this job too. I love meeting new people and staying really busy. At this job I got to do both. I actually had this one guy that would always wait in my line no matter how long it was so that he could tell me a blonde joke when he got up there. I also had a spanish guy that would always wait for my line and he would only speak spanish to me and laugh at me while I tried to figure out what he was saying. My mom told them that I quit one night when she did not want me to work and study for my finals.
4. I worked for the father-in-law. This was the best job. I did cleaning, data entry for the mother in law, ran errands and played. Mainly played. Me and all the guys had running jokes. Me and Stew would always pick on each other. Me and Charlie would always have rubber band fights. This was the job that helped me get my first car! My father in law was so easy to work for. Best boss ever. Do I get bonus points for saying that?
5. My senior year I worked for Old Navy. It was brand new to Eastland Mall right by my house. I Love Old Navy clothing. It is still just about the only thing that I wear. The job itself SUCKED! I hated this job so bad. All I did was fold clothing and unload trucks. When I had to unload trucks I would have to work until 1 or 2 in the morning on a school night. It was where I was working when me and Tim started dating. It did not last long.
6. Toward the end of my senior year I started working for a dairyette called Lil'Abners. Great Job! I also got my sister in law Sarah her first job here. We had so much fun and ate so much ice cream with the hard chocolate topping. We got free food so we ate a lot. Tim would always come in here too so that I could feed him and then he was my ride home. I met so many great people while working here. I miss them and wonder about them all the time. They have closed it now and it was the food that I craved when I was pregnant.
7.I went back to work for my dad after I graduated. It was short lived and we had a big blow out.
8.I worked for a family friend Cindi right before I got married. She had a courier business. I was so confused because I was never be trained on what I was suppose to be doing. Come to find out her son was telling her that I did not want to be there. She fired me two weeks before my wedding. Stank big time.
9. Worked as a medical assistant for a Internal Med Doctor. I miss this job. I love working as a nurse. It is such a fulfilling job. I had to quit (got pushed out) when I got pregnant with my daughter. I do not do pregnancy very well. I get very sick.
10. I got the best job in the world. The job of being a stay at home mom. I was home with Reni for about 2 years.
11. I worked as a phlebotomist for St.John Hospital. I really loved this job and would probably still be doing it if it was not all the drama in hospitals. Yeah it is alot like the shows on TV. Everyone sleeping with everyone. Everyone mad at everyone. Then the territorial disputes between the floors. Etc. I hope to return to it someday. I miss the patients and taking care of the people.
12.I worked as a CNA for St John when I got pregnant with Triston. Had to quit. I was so sick and I was working 12 hour nights. I really tried to keep this job because I loved it so much. My doctor told put me on restrictions so I could not keep it. I was not allowed to pick up the patients and could not be on feet for that long, etc. I hated giving it up and still do to this day.
13. After a few more years of staying at home with babies and then Eli came along I went back to work for my dad and that is where I am now. This job is so perfect for me. I can take my boys with me. I make my own hours. If I need time off, no problem. And the pay is just awesome! Plus I get to play with pretty flowers all day.
Okay that is it. WOW! 13 jobs. I don't think I even knew all that. Doing this has brought back so many memories. I recommend trying it. How many jobs have you had?