February 9, 2009

My Biggest Fans

First let me start with I can not sing. Never have claimed to. I torture Tim with it all the time. Poor guy is such a trooper. He just lets me have my fun and never even flinches. Sometimes I try to be even worse than I am to just see if he will say something. Nothing. He's no fun. However, my kiddos love my made up songs.

Reni gets the morning song:
Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning
It's time to rise and shine
Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning
I hope your feeling fine
It's time to get up, get out of bed
It's time to get up you sleepy head
So all your dreams can come true
Tootaloo Tootaloo

She does not like it as much as much as I like to sing it!

When Triston hit two and the tantrums I found myself singing everything to him to make it fun.
Like instead of just asking for milk he would stream and cry MILKKKKK like I was depriving him of it or something. So I got to were I would sing and dance :

I like milk. It's yummy in my tummy. I like milk. It makes me big and strong. Repeat for as long as it take you to make the cup of milk.

I use it for everything. Food, drinks, milk, shoes, etc. He usually just comes along behind singing along with me and bopping along to the beat. I love it.

Now today Eli has joined us. We were in the kitchen making our every morning cup of milk, singin our song. Eli stood there watching with a huge grin on his face like he just got it. Then he started to bop up and down to the beat with us. I just got so tickled. This is the first time I really seen him try to dance. It was just so cute. Of course when I tried to get him to do it again, he did not. Darn, maybe next time.

Who needs American Idle when I have the best audience right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment