January 9, 2009

Yumm-O

So I have just discovered the Fairy Blog Mother from my SIL widneywoman and she had a blog for Whats Cooking Wednesdays about a cheese ball. So I am posting this for her but try it if you like. I got it from my mother in law, who got it from a friend, who got it from a friend and so on. Every time I make this for my guest it is the first thing to go. They love it! If I don't make it, they really give me grief. Here is the best thing about it. It only takes like 5 minutes to make. Sooo easy. Sometimes when I am just scavenging the fridge I will make one and try not to eat it all by myself but it doesn't always end up like that.

Easy Cheesy Cheese ball
(That's not its name, but it is now =oP )

One Package of room temp cream cheese
4-5 green onions
1-2 tablespoons of garlic powder

Make into a ball and refrigerate until firm 20-30 minutes or so.
Then roll cheese ball around in black pepper.

Ready to serve.
I like to serve it with the Sun dried Tomato Wheat Thins. They are great with it.
You don't have to refrigerate if you don't want to. It just makes it easier to roll in pepper.
I also have to add. I hate black pepper. You really can not taste it. It is so weird how these flavors come together. You really can not keep from eating it.

If you try it out. Let me know what you think. Come back and comment me. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Again, I was over at Fairy Blogmother's site and saw your name. Again, I thought: "Surely that's not MY Amanda." And it was. Fairy Blogmother is great, isn't she!!

    Thanks for posting this recipe. I wanted it for a thing I had last week. Now, I know where to go for it when DonnaMomma is not available by phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...sounds quite interesting...I am taking the cream cheese out of the fridge now to try this. ;) I will comment back to let you know what we think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may have done something wrong...too many green onions or too much black pepper...it will turn into an alfredo type sauce for dinner tonight. ;) (those tomato basil wheat thins make a difference too and all I had was plain)

    ReplyDelete