July 22, 2008

Bird Houses

(Do you think I need to water my plant?)
So since I have started working again full time my aunt Ruth ( aka Sissy) watches the kids for me. She is the best baby sitter. They are always ready for me to leave as soon as I get them there. Reni's exact words usually are "Mommy aren't you going to be late for work." It makes me feel sad and good all at the same time.

She has been keeping them busy everyday by doing little crafts and such. Usually it is just small stuff like making cookies or playing school. But for some reason Reni got this idea that she wanted to paint birdhouses. I think my aunt already had some that she had painted and Reni saw them. My aunt went out this weekend and bought her a birdhouse and some paint so she could make one. Bubby heard all the commotion and decided to join in. They thought that they were going to be able to put him to sleep and then do it. That didn't work.


Well, here is the finished product. They did such an awesome job. They are so cute. Bubby went at his with two brushes at one time. I think it made such an awesome design. Of course Reni's would be mostly pink. She told me to take a picture of it. After I took the picture she said "See, it is a beautiful rainbow." I think I could see that.
Reni's Butterfly

Tristons Tie Dye Roof

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you need to water your plant.

    What a great idea!! I'm going to 'borrow' it from her. Not a bird house, as we live in the city and the only birds we have are pigeons and you really don't want to encourage such a nasty, vile creature to inhabit your outdoor living spaces. Something wooden though, for sure.

    The birdhouses are absolute masterpieces.

    Is it just my screen and lighting situation, but Bubby's roof kinda looks....camo...Wherever would he have found something in camo?

    ReplyDelete