October 31, 2008

What an experience


Brand new Baby Wyatt was born on October 27 at 10:28 am. I had to wait till Mom posted the first picture before I did. It was not my plan to be in the room while he was born but Sarah said once I was there that I could stay if I wanted and if they would let me. So of course I made sure to stay out of mind and out of way. I am so glad that I got to be there. It was probably the most amazing thing I have ever been apart of. I have never seen a birth. I have just been the one having the babies. I had no idea all the emotions involved.



Sarah called me about 7:35 on the 26Th. Her water had broke. She was screaming on the phone. I was so excited with her but thought she was pulling a joke on me at first. She was so cute. I was in Owasso at my girls group. It took about 10 minutes of sitting there with my girls before I couldn't stand it any more. I had to go over there. My excuse was that Andy was the last one to paint her toes. You can't go to the hospital with bad toes! When I got there, Andy was bouncing around. Sarah was getting ready to leave. I went to talk to her and asked what she wanted me to help her with. I helped her get her room cleaned up and ready for Baby Wyatt to come home. Long story short, it was about 11:00 and they were headed to the hospital. I was so glad to be there with them during this time to answer all her questions and be supportive. It was cute to watch Andy pace and just be such an excited daddy to be!!



I went home from there and got her some things that I had that she needed. I asked for Momma Donna and Papa Daryl to come and pick me up so that Tim would have a car. I figured we were in for a long night. Boy was I right. Things started a little slow so they started her on patosin to get her contractions to pick up. We called Kelly, the most wonderful doula in the world. She has delivered 5 out of 6 of the Widney grandchildren. Shortly before she got there the contractions were starting to get intense. We spent most of time cracking jokes and enjoying the amazing situation. It was about 5 in the morning when there was no more joking and only concentration.



I just want to mention how amazing of a birth couch Andy was. He almost never left her side. He was always where she could see him. He was so supportive and understanding of what she was going through. He was incredible. Sometimes I would just look at them and start crying because of how beautiful the moment was. It was during this that I realized just how much Andy loves Sarah and that there was nothing that he would not do for her. I have a whole respect for him. I know with no doubt that he will be the most incredible daddy and even more important the most amazing husband to Sarah. Every time Sarah would cry with pain, Andy would cry in pain. He was so in tune with her. That really takes something special. So many marriages don't have that these days. I was so proud of you Andy!!



At about 7 am it got really bad. Wyatt was a little stuck. They were trying to find the Dr to come and help. She was doing one C-section after the other. At this point Sarah was not saying very nice words and Andy was really taking a beating during the contractions. I think I even remember her biting him at one or two points. He took it like a trooper. Never said a word. Good boy!! She might have choked you to death. Soon they were able to hunt down the doctor and she came in and did what doctors do and it was time to push. Everyone took position. I was trying to stay out of the way. Andy's mom was trying to hold one of her feet but Sarah kept getting out of her grip. I snuck up behind her and helped hold her foot without her knowing. Soon you could see his dark black hair. As soon as I said "You can see his hair", Andy abandoned his post and came where I was. I soon hurried back down to hold Sarah's head so that Andy could watch Wyatt come. It was about 5 pushed from there and he was here. He was BEAUTIFUL. He did not come out squished or anything. He was not blue. He was just beautiful. Tons of dark black hair. The room was bawling. Everyone backed up to let Sarah and Andy embrace with their brand new son that they had waited so long to get here. It was magical.



I don't think that anything in life can compare to being there to watch the magic of what God can do. How can you not believe in God when you see just how amazing something like a baby is. How our bodies work? How babies are formed to look just like us, even from birth? Thank you Sarah and Andy for letting me be involved in your moment. It is something I will never forget.



CONGRATS!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment