It has been said that listing what we are thankful for increases our happiness by 25%. Why would you not? Here is what I am thankful for today!
1. I am thankful for Children's Tylenol. Serenity has a had a terrible cough and fever this week. Nothing breaks my heart more than when one of my kids are sick. The little whimper voice, sunken eyes, just laying around and doing nothing. A dose of Tylenol did not make things perfect but would sure help with the crying and fever. I am thankful that she could go to school today.
2. I am soooo thankful for my Aunt. She is babysitting for me again this season. Tim does not want our kids in daycare for his reasons and I agree with him. Thanks to her I get to do a job that I love and know that they are more than well taken care of. The best thing is that they LOVE her because she feeds them junk but at least they do not cry when I leave (which breaks my heart) Plus she is just down the street from where I am working.
3. I am thankful for my step dad being much stronger than I. My mom passed away 2 years ago in July. I have been putting off getting her a tombstone just because it was so hard. Not just that but it made it all final. I was not ready to let go. I could plan the funeral and everything else. I just could not do this. John stepped and could see how hard this was for me. He did it...secretly. That kind of made me mad at first but now I am just relieved. I got up enough strength in me today to go and see it. It is very beautiful and looks like something that she would have picked out herself. Thank you John.
4. I am thankful for the crock pot. This time of year I just don't have any time. Everyone beats me home. Since the adults that beat me home are male they just sit and wait for me to come home to eat anything. You think that some trigger would go off sometimes that says "Hey, I am hungry. I think I will start dinner before Mandy gets home." Nope doesn't work that way. With the crock pot I can put dinner on before I leave the house, turn it on and voila! They have dinner when they get home before I do.
5. I am thankful for friends. All friends; blogging friends, church friends, family friends, etc. They make life so much softer because life is HARD! It is so nice to always to have people to go when you need advice, just need to have fun or when you need a hard belly laugh. Or even when you need someone to be there with chocolate ice cream while you spill your guts about how you are going to cut your husband in his sleep. (not really but sure feel like it sometimes =p ) Everyone should have friends. If you don't have any let me know. I think I am a pretty good one. =)