April 14, 2009

Small act of Kindness

I don't have much time but I have to tell you what happened to me just a little bit ago. This is a God's honest to truth story.

I was in Quik Trip in Broken Arrow with all three kids getting them some donuts and chocolate milk before taking them to my aunts for the day while I went to work. When we got what we needed we went back to the car. While we were sitting there putting straws in milk and opening up the cups of donut holes Reni was smiling and waving back and forth with the lady in the car next to us. Reni told me "Mommy that lady smiled at me." I told her she should smile back because that would be nice of her. After just a bit I look up in my mirror and I see the lady (who was a small and very cute oriental lady in her early to mid 30's I believe. It is hard to tell age with them) coming around the back side of my truck. I rolled down my window and this is what she said. Hold your boots and have tissue.

She told me that she did not want to offend me but that she could not have any children and that my children were so well behaved and just so cute. She handed me a $100 bill and asked if I could take this get them some toys for her. WHAT?!!!! I know!! I was totally in shock and did not know what to say. I told her "You don't have to do this." But she kept telling me that she was not able to have children and that she just wanted to do this for them. I did not know what to do so I just told her thank you and took the money and told her that I would.

When I was leaving I was still so shocked and did not know what to think. I just kept thinking that I needed to donate the money to charity or something because believe me when I tell you that my children are not without lots and lots of toys. But I thought I told her that I would do this for her so I will. But what I will do is pay it forward. I will bless someone else with such kind words and with just as great a blessing as that. You know as a mother how great it feels to be told how wonderful your kids are. I am not ashamed to take the credit for that. I have the grey hairs to prove it.

I just had to share this story. Just when you start to lose hope in the people around you someone goes and does something so selfless. How amazing is that!

1 comment:

  1. That was so beautiful! Thank you for sharing that, I admit I teared up. That is an awesome story. :)

    ReplyDelete