July 24, 2011

What can I say?

I know I said I was going to catch up on my blogs. :) Well, what can I say, I've been a little busy. When I do get some quiet time our down time from chasing kiddos and taking care of the farm, I've been spending it crocheting. It has been a passion of mine since my grandma taught me as a little girl.

Lately I've discovered amigurumi. I first heard about it from @widneywomen but had never really tried it. It looked very complicated and I've never been good at reading a pattern. I'm a hands on learner. I finally got up the nerve to try it and now I am heavily addicted. I believe handmade gifts make the best gifts and these just added to what I could make for my special people.

I also discovered that it feeds my OCD. Dont laugh! I'm serious! I am always counting stuff. Like the orange barrels on the side of the road or the reflective mile markers, just all kinds of stuff. It calms me. Weird I know. Well with amigurumi and crochet you are always counting you stitches. I also read the other day that when you do something repeatedly with your hands it puts your mind in a hypnotic state. Now you can kind of see why I love it so much. It's my escape from reality. It helps me to clear my mind and reboot.

Some of the things I've made lately

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

3 comments:

  1. Those are soooo cute! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. certainly like your website but you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to tell the truth nevertheless I will certainly come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good article. I am looking for is information. Thank you very much for the great article .We are encouraged to write this great article came out again

    ReplyDelete